A short term training of 8 hours has been done on topic "Computer Application for chemical Engineering Calculations", during 27/11/2016 to 29/11/2016. The main focus was on MS Excel use of chemical engineering calculations, Excel could be used to solve:
- Root finding for non-linear systems (Useful in solving thermodynamic systems)
- Linear and Non-Linear Regression (Used to fit the data)
- Solve the simple ode systems using Runge-cut methods (Solving CSTR equations with redactions)
- Develop spreadsheet software to automate daily tasks, this requires knowledge about the visual basic script. (To interpolate data, plot data)
In this Training a variety of problems of chemical engineering has been solved, which covered most of MS excel features. The main output of the training was that, after completion of the training, students should able to to build their own excel sheets for their problems.
In the training following areas were covered well:
- Basic of Excel
- Data manipulation and fitting
- Algebraic Equation Solution
- Reaction Engineering
- Mass balance
- Energy Balance
- Mass Transfer
In the continuation of this training now these students can offer training on MATLAB, HYSYS or ASPEN in future.