Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1: Successfully enter the civil engineering profession as practicing engineers and consultants with prominent companies and organizations.
PEO 2: Incorporate economic, environmental, social, safety and global considerations when designing and investigating different systems.
PEO 3: Pursue professional licensure and engage in continued learning through professional development.
PEO 4: Pursue graduate education and research at major research universities in civil engineering.
PEO 5: Demonstrate leadership and service within their profession and in their communities through participation in professional societies and community services.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.