Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org
Program Educational Objectives
- The PEOs of the Electrical Engineering Undergraduate Program which are to be professionally accomplished so that our graduates will be able to achieve the following goals for their entire professional life are:
- Apply fundamental Scientific knowledge and Electrical Engineering principles to succeed in their Electrical Engineering career;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently or in teams;
- Ability to function with ethical and environmental responsibility and will remain involved as a full participant in the profession and society;
- Ability to pursue advanced studies and embark on lifelong learning for personal and professional growth;
- Ability to serve the community and the nation through technical expertise, innovative design, modern Engineering tool and knowledge of contemporary issues.
Upon completion of the program, the students demonstrate the following Outcomes.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health, and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for Engineering practice.