Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org
Program Educational Objectives
- Successfully enter the civil engineering profession as practicing engineers and consultants with prominent companies and organizations.
- Incorporate economic, environmental, social, safety and global considerations when designing and investigating different systems.
- Pursue professional licensure and engage in continued learning through professional development.
- Pursue graduate education and research at major research universities in civil engineering.
- Demonstrate leadership and service within their profession and in their communities through participation in professional societies and community services.
(a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
(b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
(c) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
(d) an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
(e) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
(f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
(g) an ability to communicate effectively
(h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
(i) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
(j) a knowledge of contemporary issues
(k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.