Program Educational Objectives
The PEOs of the Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Program which are to be professionally accomplished so that our graduates will be able to achieve the following goals for their entire professional life are:
- Utilize knowledge of Chemical Engineering to successfully work in the diversified sector of Chemical Engineering.
- Make use of technical expertise, design and innovative skills to accomplish advanced studies and follow research work proficiently.
- Take advantage of various attributes achieved through the program to effectively work in the private, corporate or government sector or as an entrepreneur.
- Associate with profession and society and work with safety, ethical and environmental responsibilities.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies